ETM was engaged to manage the launch of Volkswagen’s Game Changing SUV (Tiguan) which was composed into a cost-effective three-week event.
- To launch the Game Changing SUV to Dealerships & Press.
- To compose the event into a cost-effective three-week event, maximising the availability of the venue.
- To utilise Elements of Byron Resort, a new venue that complimented the style of Tiguan.
- Management of logistics for 12 groups of delegates throughout the three-week period
The event was held at the brand-new Elements of Byron in Byron Bay. The style of the resort helped cement the positioning of the car as a lifestyle enhancer.
ETM worked with VW and the resort in sculpting a program for media, dealers and trainees that would work with the tight availability of Elements of Byron but also ensured a cost-effective solution for VW. ETM managed one venue contract for bulk buying negotiations across multiple VW departments.
From a logistical perspective, ETM managed multiple delegate movements over the three-week period, including accommodation and travel arrangements for groups of dealers flying in for a one-and-a-half-day intensive program. The different groups were overlapping at lunch so ETM ensured each group movement was meticulously managed.
Furthermore, the vehicle test-driving activity was enhanced by using a private property for an off-road driving experience. ETM helped to customise the vehicle a course and managed negotiations for the private property.
- ETM achieved for Volkswagen $99,482 in negotiated cost savings
- Seamless movement of the dealer groups over multiple dates
- Outstanding feedback from Volkswagen and their dealers, a premium experience for all
- Tiguan went on to win the 2016 Car of the Year award
Interested to find out how ETM can deliver cost savings for your next event? Get in touch today: